- Discover two capitals of Georgia
- Enjoy the picturesque architecture old Tbilisi and ancient capital Mtskheta
- Visit UNESCO world heritage sites Jvari Monastery (VI c.) and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (XI c.)
- Taste famous Georgian dishes and wine
Tbilisi and Mtskheta Tour - Two capitals of Georgia
Tbilisi to Mtskheta tour offers you a fascinating promenade in two capital cities of Georgia – Tbilisi and Mtskheta. Within one day you will visit two cities that are in 20 km distance from each other and see the whole variety and beauty of them. Tbilisi is the largest city of the country and was founded in V c A.D. It is located along Mtkvari river mouth. It is diverse with the culture, styles, and traditions. And Mtskheta is a small city, a spiritual center of the country, “Second Jerusalem” and the place where two rivers – Aragvi and Mtkvari – merge. You will see the ancient historical monuments, have a stroll on the brick streets, and will have the opportunity to watch the lifestyle of the local citizens.
After a breakfast, our guide will meet you in the hotel reception.
In the morning you will have a stroll in Tbilisi city. During it you will visit:
- Metekhi Church of Virgin Mary of XIII c. recently there was a king’s palace on that place.
- The Narikala Castle of IV c, which was the important outpost of the city.
- The sulfur bathes which are located of the natural hot sulfur springs. The visit card of Tbilisi within centuries.
- Meidan Square which was an active market place in Great Silk Road period.
- Jean Chardin Street. The street was named after the famous French traveler and now it is the most popular place of the citizens and tourist where they can have a rest in bars and restaurants.
- The Tamada (toastmaster) monument. The bronze monument of the Georgian host of the event who is an important person in every Georgian party.
- Sioni Cathedral – one of the most beautiful churches in Georgia of VI c where the Saint Nino’s cross is being kept.
- Anchiskhati Church – the most ancient church in Tbilisi where the Anchi icon was being kept.
- Rezo Gabriadze square. Here there is a famous Gabriadze marionette theater and the most fabulous tower.
After that, you will set off to Mtskheta city, here you will visit:
- Jvari monastery of VII c – the unique historical monument that is taken in the UNESCO heritage list.
- Svetisckhoveli cathedral of XI c – a beautiful master-piece of Georgian Renaissance. Here there is kept the Robe of Jesus Christ which had been brought from Jerusalem in I c.
- Samtavro monastery of XI c – the place where Saint Nino used to live when she reached the ancient capital city.
- You can taste Georgian cuisine at the best local restaurant (our guide will advise).
- Transportation by comfortable sedan, minivan or minibus
- English speaking guide service for whole the trip
- Entrance fees in museums
- Bottle of mineral water
- Lunch & dinner