Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park
Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park is located in central part of Georgia and creates eastern part of lesser Caucasus Mountains. The total area amounts to 85,083 ha, which is more than 1% of the territory of Georgia. Borjomi-Kharagauli Protected Areas includes 6 districts – Borjomi, Kharagauli, Akhaltsikhe, Adigeni, Khashuri and Baghdati. Administrative and visitors centers of the national park are located in Borjomi and Kharagauli. The park administration manages 4 various types of protected areas – Borjomi Nature Reserve, Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park, Nedzvi Managed Reserve and Goderdzi fossil forest Natural Monument.
Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park tourist route network allows hiking for one or several days. Tourist route network is up to 400-2,642 meters. Paths are marked and well-arranged. Tourist shelters, picnic spots and camping sites are arranged along the routes. Sites for setting up a fire are also allocated. National park offers hiking, horse riding, biking, snow shoes, cultural and educational tours. The routes function throughout the year.
Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park has two Visitor Centers – one in Borjomi, and another one in Kharagauli. Borjomi Visitor Center is located in Borjomi, Meskheti st. N23; Kharagauli Visitor Center is located in Kharagauli borough, Solomon King st. N17.
- Distance: from Tbilisi to Borjomi – 160km (2 hr by car)
- From Tbilisi to Kharagauli borough – 180 km (3hr by car)
Except the central entrance of the visitor center, the entrance is possible from the following entries:
- Likani – Borjomi visitor center 5 km;
- Village Kvabiskhevi – Borjomi visitor center 15 km;
- Village Atskuri – Borjomi visitor center 27 km;
- Village Zanavi – Borjomi visitor center 6 km;
- Abastumani borough – Borjomi visitor center 80 km;
- Village Marelisi – Borjomi visitor center 17 km;