Cradle of Wine – Wine tours in Georgia
Georgia, Kartli and Kakheti Regions
Duration – 5 days
Why are so interesting wine tours in Georgia
- Georgia is First in Making Wine: Grape pips found on Georgian soil are believed to be from the V-IV millennium BC
- Georgia is First in Variety of Wine: Georgia has over 500 native grape varieties and 8,000 years of winemaking history
- Georgia is First in Qvevri Winemaking: Traditional Georgian clay pots, or qvevri, used for fermentation date as far back as the VI-V millennium BC. UNESCO added this winemaking method to the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List
We offer you a wine tour to the East of Georgia and a unique opportunity to participate in the harvest of grapes and winemaking. During this tour you will visit the traditional wine regions of the country: Kakheti and Kartli. You will discover small wineries that make artisanal wines by a thousand-year -old Georgian traditional technology as well as established wineries that produce world famous brands. You will have an amazing opportunity to learn about different ways of winemaking and taste many local wines and dishes.
Astoria Tbilisi Hotel, Old Metekhi Hotel, Chateau Mere, Lopota Lake Resort, Royal Baton
Astoria Hotel, ZP Hotel, Vera House Hotel, Chateau Kvareli, Chateau Eniseli
- Visa information – Certain nationalities may require a visa(s) for this tour. Please see our visas pages (Georgia visa & Azerbaijan visa) for more information. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassies to confirm your visa requirements. We provide support documentation upon request. Simply contact us.
- Personal expenses – Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €30-€40 per day.