Kashveti Church of St. George is situated in the heart of Tbilisi, on Rustaveli Avenue. Kashveti means ‘Stone Birth’. The existing 1910 building, designed by Leopold Bielfeld, is a copy of the 11th-century Samtavisi Church, 60 km northwest of Tbilisi. The church is distinguished by richness of ornamentation, especially by the stone carvings around windows, arches and corners. The mural painting is a masterpiece of the famous Georgian painter – Lado Gudiashvili.