- Astrophysical Observatory of Georgia
- Discover Universe, Stellar systems and stars
- Extraordinary tour of Observatory
- Watch the crystal-clear night sky of Georgia
- Stunning views on the landscape of Abastumani Mountain resort
- Some historical researches of south Georgia region – Samtskhe
Georgia Astronomy Tour 4 Days
The best opportunity to discover Georgia by the different way, visit Astronomy Observatory and explore beauty of the Universe. We'll visit one of the world’s oldest observatories founded in early 30-ies, see breathtaking landscapes, and observe the crystal-clear night sky with its high mountains and super fresh air.
The history of Abastumani Observatory dates back to the 19th century and is associated with a brother of Russian Emperor Nikolai II, Grand Duke Giorgi Alexandrovich and a famous Russian astronomer Professor Sergei Glazenapp who set up a temporary observatory there, where in 1932 the Georgian National Astrophysical Observatory was founded as the first mountainous astrophysical observatory in the former Soviet Union. The observatory is located 250 km to the west of Tbilisi, on mount Kanobili at 1700 meters above the sea level.
Town Abastumani is one of the best mountain resorts in Georgia, besides of the observatory it is famous by its balneology and climatic mountain resort features, with its thermal waters and surrounded by Pine forests.
- Transportation by comfortable sedan, minivan or minibus
- Accommodation in twin rooms at the hotels
- English speaking guide service for whole the trip
- Catering service - breakfasts at the hotels
- Entrance fees and local guides
- Bottle of mineral water
- International flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Service except described
- Alcoholic beverages
Accommodation in twin / double rooms