- You will visit Khor Virap – a Monastery from 7th century where legendary Saint Gregory the Illuminator was imprisoned.
- Noravank Monastery offers you amazing Birds Cave where was found the oldest shoes in the world.
- You will explore one of the oldest wineries at Noravank Monastery.
- You will have an opportunity to taste one of the best brandies on the planet.
Tour starts at 9:00. First you will travel to Khor Virap - a Monastery established in the 7th century. Khor Virap means "deep dungeon", one of the most sacred and visited sites in Armenia primarily due to the legend of Saint Gregory the Illuminator who was imprisoned for 13 years in there. You can visit the underground chamber which he was imprisoned in.
After exploring this historical place you will move to the wine factory of "Hin Areni". You will make a short tour in the wine factory and taste red and white wines during degustation. Trying the apricot brandy will be memorable for you. The next destination is Noravank. The beautiful Noravank Monastery was built in the 13th century on the edge of narrow winding gorge above the Amaghu River. The dramatic scenery is one of the best reasons to visit there.
Now you will have lunch at one of the restaurants that serve delicious dishes of genuine Armenian cuisine.
Not far away from Noravank Monastery there is a unique place called Birds Cave. This is an old cave, with curious discoveries. Here the archaeologists found the oldest leather shoe (over 5000 years) and one of the oldest winery. The cave is cool and worth a stop, especially if you have any interest in archeology. Back to Yerevan.
- Transportation by comfortable sedan, minivan or minibus
- English speaking guide service for whole the trip
- Entrance fees
- Bottle of mineral water