- Armenia is the first country, which officially adopted Christianity.
- You will have an excursion around Yerevan, one of the most ancient cities in the world.
- You will visit Echmiadzin where you can find one of the world’s oldest Christian churches – Echmiadzin Cathedral, UNESCO world heritage site.
- During this one-day tour you will explore the ancient churches and the museum, which conserves historical treasure - a fragment of Noah’s Ark.
The tour starts at 9:30.
You will travel through the city in a comfortable minibus, and learn about the history of Yerevan - one of the most ancient cities in the world. After exploring the old city of Yerevan, you will travel to Holy Echmiadzin – the centre of Armenian Apostolic church, where you will explore UNESCO’s-listed monuments and architectural wonders.
First, you will visit the 7th century Saint Hripsime church - a central-domed church on a cruciform plan.
Then you will move forward to Echmiadzin Cathedral – one of the world’s oldest Christian churches, the construction of which started in 301, when Armenia became the first country in the world to adopt Christianity officially. Here you can see the Residence of the Catholicos of All Armenians, and other different spiritual and secular constructions. After that, you will visit the Treasury Museum of Echmiadzin where the Holy Spear and a fragment of Noah’s Ark are exhibited. On our way, back you will stop at the ruins of the 7th century Zvartnoc temple – the temple of celestial angels. In the evening, you will return back to Yerevan.
Lunch/Dinner at one of the best restaurants of Yerevan where you can taste dishes of genuine Armenian cuisine (optional, pre-order is required)
- Transportation by comfortable sedan, minivan or minibus
- English speaking guide service for whole the trip
- Entrance fees in museums
- Bottle of mineral water