- Georgia is First in Making Wine: Grape pips found on Georgian soil are believed to be from the V-IV millennium BC
- Georgia is First in Variety of Wine: Georgia has over 500 native grape varieties and 8,000 years of winemaking history
- Georgia is First in Qvevri Winemaking: Traditional Georgian clay pots, or qvevri, used for fermentation date as far back as the VI-V millennium BC. UNESCO added this winemaking method to the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- Kakheti, Imereti and Racha region wine tours and tastings of different type Georgian cuisine
Georgia wine tours and Georgian cuisine
This tour - Georgia wine tour and Georgian cuisine is for real lovers of Georgian wine and cuisine, you’ll have the opportunity not only taste wines and dishes, but return to history and feel the lifestyle of old Georgia and some traditions, saved almost unchanged through thousands of years.
We want to introduce Georgian Wine and Georgian 8000 years old winemaking tradition to our guests. More than, we want to introduce the tradition of Georgian “Supra” – dinning tradition, with “Tamada” and unique Georgian dinning folk songs.
You ‘ll discover the history of Georgian Wine in the National Museum and continue with exploring most famous Georgian Wineries and small traditional wine cellars across the whole Georgia. You’ll have the opportunity to compare the wines and the Georgian cuisine in Kakheti, Kartli, Imereti and Racha regions. You can get masterclasses in making of some Georgian most famous dishes, like Khachapuri, Mtsvadi and Khinkali.
After this tour you may feel yourselves a little Georgian.
- Transportation by comfortable sedan, minivan or minibus
- Accommodation in twin rooms at the hotels
- English speaking guide service for whole the trip
- Catering service - half board (breakfasts at the hotels and dinners at the best local restaurants)
- Entrance fees and local guides
- Culinary master class (Khachapuri and Khinkali making)
- Wine tasting
- Matsoni (Georgian yogurt) tasting
- Bottle of mineral water
- International flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Single room supplement
- Service except described
- Alcoholic beverages