- Adjara region is amazing mix of mountains and sea shore
- Climate there is unique and therefore nature is rich and there are lots of endemic plants
- This region is rich with ancient monuments which were built by Romans
Gonio and Adjarian Highland Tour
Adjara is one of the most beautiful regions of the country. Due to its subtropical climate the region varies with emerald-green forests, gardens, beautiful waterfalls, and the Red book plants. In addition to nature Adjara is rich with ancient monuments which were built by Romans. Sakura Travel Agency offers you to visit great landmarks of the region – the Gonio castle and Adjarian Highland.
In the morning you will set off to South where in 15 km away from Batumi is located the Gonio castle. It was built in I century A.D. and became a well-formed Roman city within one century. Still the archeological excavations are being held in the castle. According to tales Saint Apostle Mathew is buried in this place.
After that you will go on East up to the mountains. Here you can visit the most popular Adjarian winery – Adjarian Wine House where they will offer you to taste special Adjarian wines. After you will continue your way up to the mountains where you will enjoy the unique nature, see the Makhuntseti waterfalls and bridge of Queen Tamar. Meet local inhabitants and take a bench of photos with great breathtaking view on the background.
- Pick-up from any hotel in Batumi
- Transportation by comfortable sedan, minivan or minibus
- English speaking guide service for whole the trip
- Entrance fees
- Wine tasting
- Bottle of mineral water
- Lunch & dinner