- Georgia is First in Making Wine: Grape pips found on Georgian soil are believed to be from the V-IV millennium BC
- Georgia is First in Variety of Wine: Georgia has over 500 native grape varieties and 8,000 years of winemaking history
- Georgian traditional dishes are masterpieces of culinary. Georgian cuisine is enough to satisfy every person’s taste, you will definitely discover your favorite one
Tour starts at 9:30.
Georgia is the motherland of wine. It is logical, that people who invented wine, should have a good taste. Logic works perfectly in this case. Georgian people are innovators in culinary. Khinkali, Khachapuri, Lobiani, Churchkhela, - these are names of the few Georgian dishes. Georgian traditional menu fits every person’s taste, it won’t be a problem if you are a vegetarian. So if you choose this tour, we will guide you to the best places where you can taste Georgian cuisine and different kinds of organic wine.
We will meet with guide in Freedom square (meeting at 10:00 in from of Hotel Courtyard Marriott) or pic-up from your hotel in Tbilisi. After meeting with guide we will walk to wine bar Vino Underground, which is the best place in Tbilisi to taste different kinds of traditional (organic) wine and chacha (Georgian spirit drink).You can also buy there the wine which fits your taste and take it to your homeland. After that you will go around Sololaki district, which is one of the most beautiful places in Tbilisi, with its amazing architecture. There are lots of wine, chacha and souvenir shops. Our guide will offer you the best shops where you can afford things. After that, you will visit Digomi marani, where you will have master classes (making Georgian Khachapuri, Khinkali or Mtsvadi), we will have wine and Chacha degustation and of course lunch, you will taste amazing Georgian traditional dishes. During lunch time your guide will tell you about Georgian history and culture and also some interesting facts about Georgian wine and cuisine. Finally, you will go back to the hotel.
- Transportation by comfortable sedan, minivan or minibus
- English speaking guide service for whole the trip
- Bottle of mineral water
- Wine and Chacha tasting
- Lunch after master class